Thursday 16 February 2012

Another Malaysian Culture Post!

Alright! This post is about Gamelan and the little knowledge I posses about it.

I don't remember where it originated, even though Loo-sensei's already taught us about this is music class. But what I do know, is that it's traditional and really fun to play.

My favourite instrument to play is the kenong. One reason is because we only need to hit it on once per beat as opposed to the bonang that needs to be hit twice, one on each row. And another thing is because it suits my body - my long arms are perfect for hitting the notes far apart from each other. Just need to work on my speed and accuracy. >_>

Kenong!
 (Source: Link)

Try checking out Wiki for more information since I clearly am not giving out sufficient data whatsoever. If you'd like, I have a few links for YouTube videos and they're all listed below:



[End]

No comments:

Post a Comment