Saturday 7 January 2012

Toppo!

Let me tell you a story. A story so irrelevant to anything that you just couldn't care less; A story that pinpoints nothing important going on in the world; A story of utter ridiculousness.

This is a story of how I met Toppo.



It all started one day when I was out with my mother and sisters to create our passports. 

The day was long and extremely tiring. We went from places to places to complete various tasks before finally arriving to our destination. The place was packed and it seemed as if there was no way we were going to be able to make it. 

Time flew by, clock hands ticked. Our number was called finally after what felt like a decade. After a few moments, we were done. 

But before heading back, mother had to go to the pharmacy, so went to Guardian. She said that we could buy one snack each. Giddy and excited, I rushed to the snack isle, trying to look as calm as I possibly could.

I searched each and every corner of the shelves and my eyes caught sight of a snack I had never seen before in my life. "Toppo" was written in a large font at the front of the box. Curious, I picked it up and placed it in the basket. Wouldn't hurt to try, right?

We got in the car and I began opening the package. 



I took a bite out of the stick-like goodies.

The taste of chocolate animated my taste buds, causing tingles to develop up and down my spine. It was the first time in such a long time that I had that feeling all from just one bite.

And that was the beginning of my newfound addiction.

Days passed, my supplies from that one box of Toppo decreased to a dangerously low level of one two to three sticks left. That was what I feared to happen and also the reason why I was extremely careful of my Toppo intake. 


On each and every outing I went, I would search every pharmacy in sight to search for another box of Toppo. But to my dismay, there wasn't a single one to be found. 


Apparently the only place that sold them was Guardian.


I was depressed and desperate. I saved the two sticks of Toppo left and refused to eat them until I find another box. At that moment, I was suspicious of anyone who neared my precious snack. I would eye them closely and made sure the Toppo was safe.

One day, I couldn't take it anymore. I brought the Toppo out and munched on them one by one. Next thing I knew, there was not even crumbles of the snack left. My mind kept repeating, "What have I done" as it mentally facepalmed me and my foolishness. Now, there wasn't even backup Toppo. 


Suddenly, a ray of hope shined on the situation. The next day, my mother wanted to go to pick up our passports which were already done by then. She said that I could buy Toppo if I came along.


I could not describe the enormous feeling of joy that I felt. 


That day, after bargaining with my mother, I bought three whole boxes of Toppo. It was one of the best things that ever happened that year. I was delighted.









The most creative bar-tag-code-thing I had ever seen on a snack package:
 







Now, I shall spam you with amateur wannabe RRCherryPie-inspired videos made with a crappy camera. Behold!






The camera worked better for taking pictures - I figured that out the hard way after three useless non-focused videos. (_  _ )


Proof:






It has not expired yet, you see? =3=

Toppo for studying! And look at the awesome bar code books!

The opened product! =w=

Close up on the deliciousness. (*¬*)

Do you want a bite? ^^


Toppo love forever! \(^ ^ )/


-End-

No comments:

Post a Comment