Saturday 14 April 2012

Who broke the iPad?

This week ended in fair bliss. 

E----xcept for the fact that I got an injection, was forced to run a whole field in a long skirt, lost my pencil case and found out that the iPad was broken.

But other than that, it's all fine and dandy.

The week wasn't all that bad. Just that I have a knack for exaggerating. There were good news: I finished Something Wonderful - a novel that was indeed something wonderful- and found myself a new favourite desert, my mother's mini-apple pies. Not to mention having inspiration to finish the piece I'm working on AND have more time before passing up the History folio that I have yet to add finish touches to.

But! Since I've mention what the bad things were, allow me to elaborate. (  = 3 =)

We had a day off on Wednesday, but on Thursday, everyone was in for a real surprise when they announced that we were to be injected with this substance called Tetanus Toxoid. While everyone was wincing in pain as they walked out of the small nurses' office, I was out, casually strolling about without much care as I waited in the messy line to get the shot.

I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't afraid, though. But I wasn't scared of the pain, no! I was deathly terrified of the moment the needle would penetrate my skin. 

In the end, all went well and I got home with a limp left arm that was virtually paralyzed from the top to the tips for the next 32 hours. Even now there's still a slight pain, but I got through the nausea and headaches - I'll be fine.


Things were slightly better the next day even with the punishment for not attending the sports meet on Thursday (those who did not attend were supposed to run - or at least jog - but most of us merely walked casually. Me and Musheeroom paired up and walked together) for I was the first one to answer a question from my History teacher thus also was earliest one to sit, but things took a turn for the worst several hours afterwords when I found my pencil case to be missing. Immediately, my mood was crushed, leaving me to mourn in silence of my lost stationary in the workshop. 

When I had to go to the loo with Musheeroom, I decided to give another shot at the search and we went to the deserted classroom (everyone was down in the workshop). Moments later, you can't believe how happy I felt once I found it under my desk, hiding behind bits of paper and camouflaged in the shadows, thanks to its black colour. 

I seriously thought that that was all the bad luck I will have for the week, but when I got home, the news of the broken iPad with its cracked glass made me feel like I were slapped with a fish - baffled and bewildered.

Played the role of a detective and interviewed each one of my suspects: My mother, two sisters and the maid. Each one of them had had given me their alibis, be it willingly or forced.


My mother's alibi wasn't helping much with her grumpy attitude - which, I might say was probably due to PMS. My baby sister's alibi was that she was sleeping up until half an hour ago and my maid said she only discovered the broken iPad a while ago when she wanted to clean the area where the crime scene occured. My other sister was the only one to touch the iPad before we got to school and was also the one to report the broken device when she got home minutes from my arrival. 


I suspected my mother because of her odd mood, my sister since she was always one to break things and lie, and the maid whose eyes showed telltale signs of tears that I interpreted as fear for she may be punished.

I pressed my sister to answering repeatedly whether or not she did it, and to my proud delight, my suspicions were proved when we finished lunch and she admitted her crime and told me that it was because it slipped when she was playing Temple Run. 

My father has yet to find out. For now, let's just enjoy the quiet serenity in the household before all hell breaks lose.

[End]

No comments:

Post a Comment