Sunday 11 December 2011

Lunar eclipse? And snails?


(Source: Link)

So, last night, there was a lunar eclipse going on. My mom told me when we went out to dinner for "family time". Honestly, I didn't even want to go, but my butt was dragged out by brutal force. My argument of having sore calves was not even taken in consideration. TAT

After eating, my dad drove us all to this huge field that was usually used to fly kites in hopes that we could see the eclipse occurring. But the sky was awfully cloudy, so we saw nothing - not even the stars. Spent about 10 minutes hanging out at the big field before heading home.


As we drove, the clouds were finally moving out of the way - in a very, very, very slowly manner. When we reached home, the moon was slightly more visible and we could see the eclipse taking place.


I stayed out until the end! :D


Though it wasn't completely enjoyable the whole time. The clouds keep getting in the way, covering up the Moon like it owns the place. I was looking up at the Moon the whole time and boy, does that make your neck hurt or what.


Still, it was a moment to remember. My very first eclipse - and seeing it right in front of my house too! There we moments when the clouds were away, and it was as clear as day. During those moments, the Moon looked wonderful, with the tint of red on it. 


But unfortunately, those moments weren't long for the clouds were being such trolls, coming and going as they pleased. We were lucky enough that it didn't rain, judging from the grumbling thunder playing above us. At that moment, we couldn't see not a trace of the Moon, so I, feeling quite bored, scanned my eyes across my mother's mini gardens.


Then I saw a snail!


It was slowly making its way to the concrete from the soil where it once was from. Curious, I picked up on of the stars from my sister's Honey Stars cereal that we were snacking on and cleverly placed it so that the snail would come across it. When the snail had met the Honey Star, it looked as if it was eating it. 

For some reason, this act really piqued my interest and I found myself observing the creature as it slowly devours the star. Very, very slowly.


But then it was high time we had to go inside. I had a hard time giving in since the snail has yet to finish the Honey Star. I wanted to know if it was possible for it to eat it to the end!

My wish was denied and once again, I was dragged to do something I didn't want. Didn't fully give up, though. I specifically told everyone to not disturb the pieces of Honey Stars I left outside. (I left 2 more pieces to see what else I could attract).

When I woke up the next day, the pieces were gone. I searched the ground and turns out, someone deliberately disobeyed my command and went ahead and swept the Honey Stars.

Kept me in a bad mood the whole day - well, at least until breakfast. But how am I supposed to not be mad? Now how will I ever know if a snail could finish eating a whole piece of Honey Stars? 

A question no one I know would want to answer - or at least try to answer. ( = A = )
It will be a mystery forever now...


-End-

Ah, also, here's a link to more photos of the eclipse. Not mine though, I don't even own a phone - much less a camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment